Want to be a part of a thriving music community? Then join our team of professional teachers at Potomac Music, the premier music lesson studio in Lorton, VA.
This position requires teacher availability weekday evenings from 4PM – 8PM; Saturdays 10AM – 4PM; or Sundays 12PM – 4PM.
We are currently seeking instructors for VOICE, PIANO, VIOLIN / VIOLA, CELLO, GUITAR, WOODWINDS, BRASS
1099 Contractor Part-Time Benefits Include:
- Newly renovated, oversized, beautiful private studios with new pianos and equipment
- Competitive commission based pay
- Group sized lesson rooms for studio classes, small recitals, etc
- Safe and COVID precautious environment, including NASA grade studio air purification
- High level recruiting to fill up your schedule quickly, just arrive and teach
- Team of professional administrative staff to facilitate a positive lessons experience for you, your students, and their families
- Aflac Supplemental Benefits, Mental Health Benefits, optional Professional Online Professional Development courses, select PAID holidays, Direct Deposit and Tax Forms through Paychex.
Summary/Objective: Music lesson teachers will teach professional music lessons to children and adults. Lessons may be one-on-one or in a group setting. Music lesson teachers will provide in-person instruction to clients in a designated room or virtual instruction from the studio.
- Teach beginner through advanced level music lessons to a diverse population of students (children and adults.)
- Build a professional rapport with students and parents of students (if applicable) by providing positive feedback on the progress of each student and establishing expected practice routines.
- Collaborate with store personnel to maximize lesson experience.
- Use the provided scheduling system to maintain your schedule and log in attendance.
- Ability to teach interactive, engaging music lessons and retain students.
- Ability to effectively maintain your schedule through the scheduling system, including starting and ending lessons on time.
- Ability to teach and create music lesson curriculum tailored for each student, which may include popular music that students know and love.
- Ability to motivate students by providing a positive, fun, and focused lesson experience.
- Ability to use technology (text, email, scheduling systems, etc.) effectively to keep lines of communication and compliance open with clients and staff.
- Optional ability to develop curriculum, lead, and motivate group classes (ensemble classes / camps).
Work Environment: Music lesson studio with both in-person and virtual lessons.
Position type and expected hours of work: Part-time 1099 Contractor, teaching music lessons, primarily after school hours weekdays and on weekends.
Required Education, Experience, and Abilities:
- Minimum three (3) years of college level music experience or three (3) years of music teaching/performance experience or a combination of both.
- Full competency in applicable styles of music including playing techniques, repertoire, reading music, tabs, and chord symbols.
- Patience to work and clearly communicate with students of all ages and abilities, especially beginners
Preferred education and experience:
- A Bachelor’s Degree (or degree in progress) in Music Education or Performance or a related field from an accredited college or university.
- Professional experience teaching youth and/or beginner musicians.
Please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org to apply.